CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Apples, Apples, Apples

Jordan straight from his 1st Soccer Game
Kyler Finding some perfect Golden Superiors
Crane's Orchards

Caleb lucked out with his own wagon ride
A Family Fun Activity
If you happen to live in Michigan you know it is almost a requirement to be a fan of apples (well that and anything else to do with The Lions, Tigers, Red Wings or Pistons.) Since I haven't quite got on the sports bandwagon yet (still a much bigger fan of Utah and Chicago Teams) it's a good thing I happen to like apples. Michigan happens to be one of the top exporters in the country and apple season has officially begun. We're in for a month of great treats in this house.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YUM! Does it cost you anything to go and pick them yourselves? What are you going to do with them?

I haven't finished my peaches yet, they are still too green. I will probably do them later this week. The only problem I have to find a place for all of them. I don't have a lot of room for food storage, so they get put wherever I can find some room.

Corie said...

Yum! We missed apple picking last year, with Ellen being so small, so this year, I am ready. You'll have to share all of your tips with me! :)

Jacqui said...

I'm jealous of you guys! You are in the produce craze of the country. I think it's awesome you take advantage of everything around you. I thought I might try canning some apples this year for pies or cobbler this winter.