Another day off for Kevin which means we had to come up with another idea for inexpensive day #2. We started off splashing around at the beach. The water was 75* at 10:30 this morning which is just about perfection in itself. Kyler and Jordan had a blast on their boogie boards and inner tubes while Caleb spent most of the morning making sandcastles at me and Kevin's feet. It was such a relaxing way to start off our day. After we came home and washed up we went to one of the dozens of blueberry farms around our town. I never realized Michigan is the top producer of blueberries before we moved here. We ended up at Reenders blueberry farms and opted to pick our own (1/2 the price as it is to buy them prepackaged) It was so much fun. In less than 20 minutes we had around 10 pounds of fresh, sweet blueberries and the best part is we only spent $12. Is that not the most amazing deal. I never realized how easy it is to pick blueberries. They literally fall off into your hand with a gentle rub. It makes me want to have a blueberry bush in my own yard. Even Kyler is about ready to give up his milkweed patch in the garden for our own bush....Hmmm...maybe next year.
With so many blueberries, I better start searching for some recipes. Lets see...pie, pancakes, muffins, cobbler...I'm not sure what to make first. Tonight's treat will be a bowl of plain berries, but these are so sweet it will feel like we are indulging in something so much more.
1.jpg)






6 comments:
I'm very impressed. I didn't know you were in the blueberry capital. I usually don't buy blueberries because they are so expensive. I guess we'll have to come visit so we'll be able to see that future bush when you get it planted.
What a GREAT Deal! I would pick as many as I could and have blueberries for awhile. Can yo freeze them and then use them later? Good luck at finding some yummy recipes!
In all of my many years, I have not tried a fresh blueberry, but they look delicious and I love blueberry muffins so they have to be wonderful! It is apricot season here, so I spent all morning getting them ready to be dried! I have the wrong disease to be such a fruit lover! Great pic!
Hey your Blog is adorable!!! it is so fun to see you and your cute kids. Hannah and Davey loved looking at the pictures too.
I didn't intend to leave my comment anonymous. I can't figure this out. It Mary and Travis.
YUMMY! We eat blueberries like candy! You're so lucky and I'm so jealous. That sounds like so much fun and what a great deal! What a perfect day....the beach and blueberries. How fun!
Post a Comment