CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 22, 2008

My Future Olympian

I have a wanna be future Olympian and his name is Caleb. He is almost as obsessed as I am when it comes to watching the summer games. The only difference is I prefer to watch in my pajamas and slippers, and he prefers to dress for the occasion. If swimming or diving is on he has to grab a funky pair of rainbow goggles he unearthed in his toy box, set out his diving board (which in actuality is a step stool), and he dives and swims away (a little tough to do on carpet, but somehow he manages). And just so you all know....he's as good as Michael Phelps. In fact, it's possible he is better merely because he wins gold whether its the men racing, women racing or the team relays. He's easily up to a couple dozen golds by now. And diving...well let's just say Caleb is superb. Time after time he belly flops to the ground since he has to dive whether it is the Chinese, Russians, Canadians, or Americans turn to go. I'll give him a 10 for difficulty and a 9.5 for execution.

Diving and swimming are not all Caleb is great at. He also happens to be the best gymnast around. Natasia better watch out, because when the gymnasts walk out it signals Caleb to grab his horse (step stool again) and balance beam (mom and dads pillows), and whatever else he finds that resembles gymnast props. When they jump...he jumps. When they flip...he flips (rolls is a way better term here, but really roll does have quite the same oomph). When they are on the high bars...well he raises his arms higher. You get the drill. More and more gold medals are around this kids neck by the minute.

Last night we watched something new. The 4 x 100 relays were on. Caleb saw the men warm up and out came the runner within him. He grabbed his relay stick (happens to be a frozen gogurt bar) and ran circles around his dad passing the stick as he went. Again, Caleb triumphed. He managed to make clean passes 9 out of 10 times. No dropping the relay stick for him (sorry U.S. Men and Women...I guess you should have chosen Caleb as your anchor...you may have made it to the finals). This morning the gogurt reappeared and he practiced with Kyler.

I can't wait to see what tonight will bring.
Ooohhh....Maybe Ribbon Dancing...Keep your fingers crossed!
Way to go Team U.S.A. and Team Caleb!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That is so funny Tami. What a cutie! I love that he wins a gold every time. Quite the athlete!