Is anyone else amazed that it is July 1st? I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that we are in the core of summer. Kevin took Kyler and Jordan to the beach this afternoon...a definite sign that summer is in full-swing. The beach will be packed with people of all ages today hoping to catch some waves and rays. I think they'll be lucky on both counts. They will have a blast, and Kevin will hopefully get some good reading time in. Caleb was ready for naptime, so I'm sticking it out with him in the comforts of an air conditioned home. Let me put it on the record right now...I am SO thankful that some person had the sense to invent air conditioning. What a luxury to have. I would be one cranky mess if I had to sweat it out in the heat all day. My kids would be the first to volunteer the info that I am cranky enough without any other excuses, so for their benefit as well as mine I am thankful for the cool air blasting throughout my house at this very moment.
I hope you all stay cool today, and enjoy a pleasant summertime day! In fact, I hope it is one of your best summertime days to date!
1.jpg)






2 comments:
I am sooo jealous that you live close enough to go to the beach whenever you want too! Sounds like heaven! The boys play outside in the pool or sprinkler all the time to cool off. They have a blast!
I too am very thankful for A/C, well swamp cooler for us, but very thankful none the less!
I can't believe that it is July 1st either, the summer has flown by, before I know it the boys will be back in school and wishing summer was still here. Oh well all good things must come to an end. :(
Have a GREAT Day!
I had a great conversation with James today as we were working in the yard...As we both stood there wet from our own icky sweat...I told him he just needed to be thankful that we didn't have to do yard work every day like the pioneers did 'and' wear the clothes they did. That just always looked miserable to me...not to mention HOT!! Our family is very thankful for central air. I used to think the hotter the better and really enjoyed my trip to the Bahamas a while back...I must be getting old. If it's hot outside, I find every excuse to stay inside. I'm finding this more and more difficult with a two year old.
Post a Comment