I was reading a friends Blog today that got my brain thinking...Yes, as amazing as that sounds it does occasionally happen, albeit, it happens at very random moments. Anyway, I was reading this persons blog, letting the dendrites in my brain fire around and grow while reading his thoughts on the aspect of organized religion. He loves to delve into the intellectual questions about religion and reason why science and religion don't go hand-in-hand. A part of me applauds him for searching for answers that are not always known to man, but the other side of me feels a sort of sadness for him because religion is the very essence of peace for me. Without the knowledge that I have a loving Father in Heaven and that he has a son, a Saviour for all mankind, Jesus Christ, I would feel like a lost soul. It is the joy I feel in this life. It is my testimony and the truth I have come to know. It is His hand I see when I look at the world around me. It is Him I give all my thanks to for the blessings I receive. He is who I turn to when I am feel sadness, anger, joy, or pain. He is my comforter and the rock I know will always be there.
Now, not everyone who reads this has the same religious views as me, and that's okay. Our uniqueness is what makes us special. And as different as we all are, we tend to have some universal goals in life...to become a better person...to choose righteously as often as possible...to live and become a person we can be proud of. To be the kind of person a stranger can look at and see goodness, light, and joy, and wonder what the secret is.
My friend has these same views, he just questions things more than I do. He's a good person trying to make it in this life just like me. My sadness for him comes that he doesn't have that undeniable fire within him testifying of the truths I know. Maybe I'm just lucky. My testimony is not something that has ever wavered. It has just been able to grow as I grow. Of course, being different is part of what makes this earth such a wonderful place to be. I'm grateful for my friends view point and the way he is able to put his thoughts down on paper like beautiful poetry. It's his way of thinking, and it helps me solidify my way of thinking. It makes me ponder why I believe the things I do, and brings joy to my soul when I realize I believe what I do because I know it to be true. I have a testimony of it, and that is something you can't explain with science, buy with money, or hope to get without searching for the answers. For that, I am eternally grateful!
Daddy Daughter Date Night
10 years ago
1.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment