I have had such awesome friends in my life, and there are a few of you that I know check this out every so often. So here is my ode to each of you, and some of the reasons you continue to inspire me to reach higher and become a better person:
Libby: You were my very first phone call when I moved to New York at the age of 18. I had barely put my bags down when you called and invited me out to a Family Home Evening night. Not only that, you drove all the way to New Rochelle to pick me up and drive me back to the church. How incredible are you. You made my first moments in a whole new world bearable.
Mandy: You were one of my closest friends while I lived there. You knew how to make anyone feel good. You had a few rotten experiences in N.Y., but you never let it keep you down for long. I remember a time we were driving that massive Suburban somewhere and we stopped to put in a few dollars of gas. We started talking, and before we knew it, the gas gage said $50. (that was major money for a couple 18 year old girls who scraped their pennies together to buy frozen yogurt at TCBY) We had a freak out moment as we pooled our change together, but then we continued on with the day with a smile, and laughed about the moment later on.
Melissa: One of my closest friends in New York and beyond...you were even a part of my wedding. I hold incredible regard for you. I have so many memories of you, but some of my favorite were belting out Celine Dion songs as we drove to West Point at the top of our lungs, and I remember a little "party" we had at your New York house that your employers were not so happy about. Remember??? Good Times. I also love the couple of times I was able to visit you in Cedar City. The most memorable for me was a day Kevin & I came for a visit and Cydney stopped by. All 3 of us had baby boys about 5 months old, and all 3 were as bald as could be. I have a super cute picture of that.
Jacqui: You were my very best friend throughout those tumultuous high school days. We did EVERYTHING together. Truly, a fantastic person and friend for more than half of my life! Do you remember the walk to Sky View? Were we nuts or what? How many miles was that, and to top it off, we got kicked out right after we got there. Apparently, you had to be enrolled in the high school to visit the high school. No Logan High kids allowed that day! I also remember a lot of McDonald runs where we did nothing but order ice water because it was free. And of course there was our crazy 5 a.m. morning swims followed by Hardee's. before classes began. But one of the most memorable times was driving to L.A. just after graduation. What a blast that was. How is Kandis anyway?
Lisa: My Middle School bud. We did so many things together...We pushed the boundaries with our parents, and somehow still managed to come out alright. We had so much fun together going to Garcia's for diet cokes, watching Days downstairs, and talking on the phone. We were such girls...All we did was gab all day! We depended on each other for everything.
Janice: Life is always more fun when Janice is around. You always bring a smile to everybody face. I remember High School and College dances we would go to together. Remember "The Howl" You are always the life of any party, and someone who looks out for the underdog. You are a friend to all. What a great trait to have. Janice = charity. She radiates pure love.
There are so many others who have touched my life in ways I have probably never told them. To each of you, thanks. Friends have helped me achieve all that I have and you are all gifts in my eyes.
1.jpg)






5 comments:
How nice of you to say those kind words about me/us. Thank you so much. I loved the whole NY experience and am glad that you are/were part of it. It is funny that when you mention singing Celine songs on the way to West Point, I remember that! I must have been with you. I remembered this too as Mike and I were driving across the Tappan Zee when we were there for our honeymoon. Such fun memories!
You are so cute. I can't believe you still remember all of that stuff too. Everytime I see beefaroni, I think of you! I haven't really watched Days since back then. I wonder if it is still the same. I remember your popcorn was soooo good! I sure do miss you!
You are one of my BEST friends ever. You stood by me through all the drama. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to all of us...you truly stand as an icon for all of us. The Sky View walk was a real adventure. I'm just happy that my great uncle ended up being the bus driver to Logan. I don't know how we would have made it home. You bring back great memories. Kandis is doing well when I last talked to her. She is still working for the County as an officer and married an officer. She was a riot on that trip. I still remember our crazy hair and jumping on the beds...oh...and don't forget sneaking into the hot tub after hours. Which I've found out you can be arrested for on trespassing charges. Who would have thought!
Tami, YOU are one of my closest and dearest friend also. That year in New York was one of my best, partly becuase of you. Thank you for your conitued friendship through the years, even if we haven't been able to see each other all that much.
Yes, I remeber that party that we had at my house, while my employers were away. What fun, even if I kinda got in trouble after.
Thank you so much for that Tami. I have some great memories of those days. I wish I could have written them all down, so my failing memory wouldn't allow me to forget some. You were a great freind to me in New York. I appreciate it so much. I totally remember us buying every kind of food there was that was "fat-free." Fat free cheese, cookies, etc.. and then we thought we could eat the whole bag....because the whole bag had to have been "fat-free" right? I loved New York. I'm glad we're back in touch.
Thanks for the ode.
Post a Comment