CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Cooking Mama"















I have a 3 year old who is borderline obsessed with cooking. It's so bad, he refers to himself as "Cooking Mama" after his favorite Nintendo DS game. The other night he decided he wanted to make us all spaghetti. No need to call DCFS on me...we made sure to turn the stove off while he cooked, but how funny is this kid. He even taste tests his creations as he goes. I must admit, the dinner was pretty tasty, so kudos to you kid...my future Chef Caleb!




6 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to teach 'em! I love it when my kids want to help make things in the kitchen, although I am a little obsessive complusive about my kitchen and don't let them help as much as I should. The other day Tanner helped me make banana muffins, he loved it, it made me wonder why I don't let them help more often. I am trying to fix that.

Mandy said...

That is awesome Tami. Kids love to help. Way to let him be creative and help you in the kitchen. So great!

Anonymous said...

I love that he likes to cook that much! I hope my kids love to cook like I do. I am so impressed.

Isn't that funny about the onesie. I thought it would be fun if he was involved in the announcing somehow. It took 35 pictures to try to get 1 I was happy with where he was being cute and that you could see the writing. It was a very challenging day that day. We are excited. I just wish that I could enjoy it more and not be so sick. That is the bummer part!

Jacqui said...

Your friend Melissa is just like me. Obsessive compulsive...about keeping a clean kitchen. I have a really hard time letting Braxton help me out. He's just so excited about everything, he won't leave anything alone. Way to be an example to us all. I'll strive for more patients...starting next week! :-)

Lisa said...

Caleb is a man after my own heart! I love to cook and it looks like he is doing a mighty fine job! Way to go Caleb!

Corie said...

Love the cooking pics! My kids love to cook, too. Noah really has picked up on it the past year and lately Em wants to video her own cooking show--she's been practicing lately and telling me I'm in the way of her set. She gives verbal instructions and everything. Maybe our kids should work together on Food Network!