
This is a photo of my brother Travis, his wife Mary & their 4 incredible kids Hannah, Dave, Hailey & Ethan. As some of you might remember from a previous post, I mentioned Ethan will be having brain surgery in Detroit this month. Well... the day is finally looming, and Thursday will be Ethan's surgery. It's going to be a very long, labor intensive surgery, but it will hopefully have some amazing outcomes for this sweet baby. The doctors will be removing about 60% of Ethan's left brain hemisphere in hopes of combating some of the side effects Ethan has due to Sturge Weber Syndrome that he was born with. It's the hopes of the doctors and our families that this will cure Ethan of the numerous seizures he has right now and stop the downward progression this syndrome is having on his brain.
Our family as well as all of Mary's family will be having a special fast that morning as the doctors are working their magic. I am sure they would love any extra prayers you could muster that morning on Ethan's behalf.
(sidebar) Hey Trav & Mary: I hope you don't mind me copying one of your photo's. I figured I was getting one for Christmas anyway, and it was just too cute to not post!! We'll drive over on Saturday night and come see you on Sunday. Good luck... Call and give us updates. Love you guys!
1.jpg)






3 comments:
Thank you for letting us know. I would love to join you for a fast on thursday. There is nothing worse than having one of your children ill.Our prayers are with your family.
Trav and his cute family are definetly in my heart and prayers right now! It is amazing how far medicine has come and I am sure Ethan is in the best hands possible and I can't wait to hear about the wonderful outcome! Please keep me posted and give them my love.
Scary stuff. I hope all goes well (or went well)today. I hate to think about such a little guy going under for such a big surgery.
Thanks for all of your great comments by the way, I can't wait for the election to be over with! I think you're awesome!
Post a Comment