CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2008

October 2008 General Conference



I absolutely loved this past weekends conference addresses. There were so many wonderful talks presented this week that the messages couldn't help but enrich my life and the lives of my family. This year I was especially impressed with Thomas S. Monson, Jeffrey R. Holland, Dieter F. Uchtdorf and the other apostles as they spoke to us. I must say, I could not get enough of Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk. He was incredible to listen to. Some of the stories he related were so funny. I loved the story of his teenage daughter going on a blind date and the mishap that happened there. It was one of those stories that reminded me that we are all human, including an apostle of the Lord and his family members. It's refreshing to remember that we're all united by a common purpose. I loved when Elder Wirthlin stated:

"The next time you are tempted to groan you might try to laugh instead."


That sentence really hit home for me. It's another one of those extremely simple lessons I can apply to make life happier and a little easier for myself. Now, all I need to do is remember that phrase the next time I accidentally step on one of my kids toys that seem to have a razor sharp edge that my bare feet can't help but be magnetized to. Youch...but a little laughter just might be the best medicine to ease the pain.


I hope anyone who had an opportunity to watch conference enjoyed it as much as I did.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I too loved Conference this past weekend. I didn't catch Elder Wirthlin's talk, but James did and said he enjoyed it. I really liked Pres. Monson's talk about Change and to enjoy our lives as we now live them. And not to be so worried about the tomorrows that we forget the today's. I just plain loved Conference!

Jacqui said...

I think I'm the only one in the world who missed conference. :-) We were at a wedding in Washington State and forgot to set our recorder before we left town. I'm going to track down a copy somewhere. Sounds like I missed out. Thanks for the recap! These men are amazing.

Mandy said...

It was so great! I loved all of the talks too. Can't get enough of them.

Lisa said...

I saw Travis today at Maddox! He is so cute and I wish we would have had more time to chat, but he was late for a meeting. You have such a great family Tami!