CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

5 Qualities Tag

I've seen a lot of great tags this week. I actually like seeing them and reading other peoples answers. This one is a little unique in that we are forced to find something special in each of our family members (easy), but also with ourselves (harder). Thanks Nikki for tagging me in this one.


Subject: Wonderful Qualities. List every member who lives in your home. Include 5 wonderful qualities each member holds.

The Catch: You must include yourself.

5 people I 'm going to tag: Melissa, Jacqui, Suzanne, Lisa, Mary

HERE GOES:

Caleb: (1) Caleb is sugary sweet. He loves giving hugs, kisses, & holding mom's hair. (2) He loves to play with his brothers, but is also great at entertaining himself. (3) He is my "cooking mama" which means he loves to cook & bake every chance he gets. (4) He loves to help mom clean and is good about cleaning up his messes. (5) He always has "A Cool Thing Just Happened Story" for mom no matter the time of day.

Jordan: (1) Jordan is a leader which is fantastic when he's leading in a right direction!! (2) He is a fast learner..whether it's reading, math, or memorizing something ~~he is quick! (3) Jordan always ends the day with prayers, hugs, and kisses. Even if I am having a frantic moment he has a way of centering me once again. (4) He's independent. I know that sometimes leads to frustration when I want him to be more dependent on a mom or dad, but there are moments I stand back and marvel at what Jordan can accomplish when he's left to do something on his own. It's pretty fantastic to watch him grow. (5) Jordan has a way of making friends everywhere we go. We can't drive to Chicago and stop at a playland without Jordan coming out of the restaurant with at least a couple new friends. Just last week at the Washington DC Zoo while we were all eating lunch, we look over and sure enough, Jordan is sitting on the ground in a circle surrounded by girls playing a game with them. He came out of there knowing 5 new friends.

Kyler: (1) Kyler is a go-getter. He sets his mind on a task and does everything he can to accomplish it such as running for Student Counsel or Vice President. (2) Kyler can tune in to the Spirit easily. He is the leader in our family when it comes to reading our scriptures, having daily prayers, or preparing a family home evening lesson. (3) He is sincere. He knows if you are having a good day or a bad day and likes to do little things to make it even better like making you a card, or sending a quick e-mail to a friend who is having a bad day. (4) Kyler is dependable. If I ask Kyler to help me with something he will usually do it without a lot of prodding..even if it is something he doesn't want to do. (5) Kyler is a nurturer. Many days I will find Kyler cuddling one of his brothers when they have hurt feelings, or sitting on the couch reading them stories. He plays the big brother role with ease.

Kevin: (1) A major hard worker. Kevin puts in endless hours at work to ensure our family is well taken care of and to give me the luxury of staying home to be a mom. He makes it possible for my dreams to come true. (2) Leader: It must be where my boys get it, because I am a follower, but Kevin is definitely a leader. (3) Romantic: Kevin makes sure he tells me he loves me every chance he gets. He's incredibly sweet to me even if I'm being a bit of a downer. (4) Hands-on-Dad: He tries his hardest to make it to all the activities, PT conferences, and sports our kids are involved with and gets excited to be involved. (5) He is a strong Priesthood holder for our family and a wonderful Patriarch. He is the glue that keeps this family strong.

Tami: SO I hate talking about myself, but I know I have a few good qualities. (1) I am organized. If I say I'll get something done you can depend on me to do it. (2) I am a good planner. I can put together some memorable vacations, parties, and events for our family. (3) I'm spiritual. I love to read my scriptures, pray with my kids, and learn about the gospel. (4) I think I'm a decent friend. I can always find time to sit back and listen to a friends needs, and try to be helpful whenever possible. (5) I love people. Truly, I can find traits I love in everyone. There is always something to admire in the people I come in contact with every day. It's easy for me to love others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really nice. It was nice to read and learn more about your family.

Mandy said...

I love all of your qualities. While I was reading that, I was nodding my head in total agreement. Those are the things that I love about you.
And now I'm jealous that you are organized and a good planner. Which happen to be 2 of my weaknesses!

Anonymous said...

Yes - My Tami was blessed with the gift of love.

Love you honey,

Mom