CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A trip to Utah, and one spoiled girl!

Our Michigan Thanksgiving...I was feeling pretty haggard after a long day, but the food was delicious!


My sister Jillee and her fiancee Allyn

Jordan, Hannah, & Kyler

Hailey & Jordan became dancing buddies

Caleb and Hailey waiting for dessert

My Sister Kelcee

Ethan and Mary...Can you believe this is a baby who just had brain surgery?

My brother Brooks and his puppy, Bailey.

My brother Travis and my sister-in-law Mary

Kelcee & Caleb

My wacky younger brother and beautiful mother

Grandma Marilyn & the boys

Marilyn & Vern


So I'm completely spoiled, and truth be told, I like it! Me and the kids flew out to Utah the day before Thanksgiving so we could spend the holiday with my family. Kevin had to stay behind since that is his busiest week of the year, but we made sure to have our own little family Thanksgiving the Sunday before we left. The kids and I had such an amazing time on our vacation. My dad watched the kids practically every day so I could shop with my mom, go to the movies, or go see the "The Forgotten Carols". I have not had that much free time to myself in over 10 years. I was completely spoiled!! Thanks dad for giving me that much needed break, and teaching my kids all the ins and outs of the Wii. They were pretty spoiled themselves all week long.

My mom spoiled me just as much, if not more. Between her, Mary, and the Speechly family, we enjoyed a
huge feast for Thanksgiving. Mom also made sure that we continued in our traditional "Day After Thanksgiving Celebration" in Salt Lake City. We went to "Spaghetti Mama's", got tickets to see the movie "Bolt", and walked around Temple Square to see all the lights. On Saturday we met up with Kevin's mom, Marilyn, and her husband Vern. We were able to spend a couple hours with them catching up on the happenings we miss by living in Michigan. It was great seeing them again. After lunch I was able to go see "Twilight" which I have been wanting to see since it came out, and well worth the wait for me.
Caleb enjoying the Spaghetti Mama feast
The two greatest parents around!!

Jillee and Allyn at Temple Square
My Mom, Dad, Kelcee, & Jordan

Monday was a day spent with my mom and sisters. We took Jillee out to look for Wedding dresses. She looked gorgeous in everything she tried on, but there were too many choices to make a final decision. Whatever she ultimately decides on will be beautiful. That night my mom got us tickets to see"
The Forgotten Carols", and it was just as wonderful as I remember, but completely different since the last time I saw it. Michael McLean has added a lot to the play since it first debuted, but it is still so incredible.

Tuesday we packed up and headed home. The week went by way too fast! Even the 2 hour delay in the airport wasn't so bad. I'm already counting down the days until I can go back in April for Jillee's wedding. Until then, I guess I'll sort through the bills that piled up while I was away, catch up on an endless pile of laundry, possibly attempt to pull out my Christmas cards and finally start on them, and oh yes...dig into the pile of homework my kids are sure to bring home any minute, but I'm also going to take some time to enjoy the Christmas lights and decorations my incredible husband put up while we were away to surprise us with when we finally made it home last night. He managed to work insane hours every day that we were gone, and still did something sweet like that. Yep...I'm definitely spoiled, and loving every minute of it!
Happy Holidays Everyone!!

9 comments:

Suz said...

Sounds like you had a fun busy Thanksgiving! So much fun stuff to do this time of year! I am glad you liked "Twilight" it was fun to go see it with all the crazy women! Karwin left Sunday to go to Alamagordo, NM and that is were we are going to move. We won't join him for a few months or maybe until Spring. Long story! But he is coming home for Christmas and then I am going to fly out their a couple of times until we get everything settled. Let me know you email so I can keep in touch better!

swartzfamily said...

Tami,
You deserve to be spoiled!!!
I am glad you had a wonderful time in Utah!!

Email me with your address. I want to send you a card..
Love ya
Suzy

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a very memorable and much deserved holiday! Yea! Loved all the pics and might I say your two sisters are drop dead gorgeous!!!!!! It is so weird seeing Brooks all grown up. Last time I saw him he was probably 15 or so. And way cute dog too! Mary and Travis are the picture perfect family. You truly are blessed to belong to such an amazing family and they are so blessed to be a part of your cute family too! Your Mom looks amazing! i Hope I can look half that good when I am her age!

Jacqui said...

Sounds like fun...I wish I could have seen you. I know it was a crazy week for you...but it looks like you had a lot of fun. Welcome home...and back to reality. I'm glad you were spoiled a little...you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much...Can't wait until April.

Love, Mom

Melissa said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a fun time! I am glad that you got to go home for a little break and see all the family.

What a nice husband you have,to finish putting up all the lights and decorations!

Corie said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Your suggestion of making it a tradition each year seems like a pretty good idea. :)

Mary said...

Hey chica!!! I just received your Christmas card today and am so surprised every year that you are organized enough to find me. :) It was fun to go through your blog and see the family pics. Sounds like Michigan is fabulous!

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

Mary...send me an e-mail with your info. I'd love to check out your blog pics. Whenever I go to a hockey game here in Michigan I think of us driving to Boston to catch games. Those were fun days.