Yesterday we were able to visit with Travis, Mary & Ethan at the Detroit Children's Hospital. It was so great to see them all, and I must say, Ethan looked **fantastic**. If he didn't have stitches covering his head, you would never know he underwent major surgery a couple days ago. Ethan has virtually no swelling, and yesterday was suppose to be the worst day for that. His personality is reemerging and he is starting to talk to his mom, dad, and the doctors and nurses. While I was visiting with him he made all his animal noises for me (except for cow...Trav says they must have cut that part out LOL) He also had a moment with one of the nurses that walked in where he decided to smile and became googly eyed with her. It was his first post-op crush! Ethan is continuing to amaze his doctors at the rate he is recovering. He has had a couple seizures, so they upped his dose of anti-seizure medication, but hopefully they will be able to wean him off of that over the year. They are also starting to wean him off of his morphine drip, and withing the next few days he should only be on Tylenol (I am amazed by that...Tylenol within a week of having a portion of your brain removed...how crazy is that??)
I am in awe at how far the medical field has come in the last few years. The doctors have given Ethan a whole new lease on life with the surgery they performed. I can't believe how well he is doing, and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father heard and answered our prayers on Ethan's behalf. I know things could have gone so differently, and often times do, but for whatever reason I know our Heavenly Father blessed Travis, Mary, and Ethan throughout this ordeal, and Ethan is well on his way to a full recovery and life that is vastly different than the one he was looking at just last week.
Thanks to everyone for thier prayers on little Eakers behalf.
1.jpg)






5 comments:
Thanks for sending us this picture of Ethan honey. Wish I could have been there too.
Tami-
Just want to send a quick note, I am keeping your nephew in my prayers.
Hopefully, when all the recovery is done, he will be FANTASTIC..
Just want to let you know, I'm thinking of you
Love ya
Suzy
That is so great at how well he is doing. I can't imagine going through that. What a strong family they are and strong support system you are for them. We are keeping you in our prayers!
Ethan sure has been in my thoughts and prayers this past week and his cute little family. Medicine is amazing and has come sooo far and has saved my life twice now. I am so grateful he had wonderful doctors and surgeons taking care of him and I am even more grateful for his cute parents and Heavenly Father! He truly is a miracle and not only are Mary and Trav blessed to have him, but he is sooo blessed to have such special parents and family! Please keep the updates coming and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do! Love you!
Wow! I haven't been able to to check my computer the last couple of days. I'm so glad to hear things are going fairly well. I've been thinking and praying a lot for your guys. This update brought tears to my eyes. You'll have to continue to keep us updated.
Post a Comment