CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jordan

Jordan woke up to find his room decorated in the morning. Kyler is always great about making sure his brothers have something special first thing in the morning.

Here's a picture of the boys ready for school. Jordan was in school swim lessons the past 2 weeks so he gets to go to school decked out in his swim gear.

Caleb and I joined Jordan in the school cafeteria for lunch that afternoon.

Jordan helped to decorate his cake and was anxious to open all his gifts before Kevin left for work while the rest of us went to Kyler's choir concert.

No way that blow is going to get the job done...I think 1 candle might have flickered on try #1!!

Jordan loves any kind of game. Board games, computer games, wii games and DS games. He was thrilled with this game from grandma and grandpa!

I can't believe it, but Jordan is now 8 years old! Boy, those 8 years sure went fast. There are many, many days when I wish I could put him in a time capsule and seal up some of that childhood innocence and joy before he gets any older, but no such luck. No one's given me the master plans to their time capsule or gifted me a non-aging potion so I guess I'll have to suck it up and continue aging right along with him! I sure do love this kid!!

Here are some of Jordan's favorites this year.

Favorite subject in school: Math...story problems and equations are his favorite. (can this really be my son??)
Favorite color: Yellow, but some days it is green or blue or pink. He loves the rainbow and all the colors you can find within it.
Favorite food: Macaroni
Favorite song: One Time
Favorite game: Anything to do with the wii.
Favorite person: Me! Hmmm....it seems all my kids love me (or know I'm the one typing and they don't want to get into trouble ha! ha!)
Favorite sport: Soccer and swimming
Favorite hobby: Writing
Favorite book: The Ready Freddy series
Favorite month: April...he's getting baptized that month and he can't wait!!

That sums up some of Jordan's favorites. I'll be anxious to see if any changes are made to this list next year when he tums 9. Here's hoping this year he continues to have amazing twinkle eyes (they can make anyone have a better day when they shine) and that he doesn't loose any of that childlike joy that he so easily finds right now. He's a pretty amazing boy and I am one lucky mom to have him as my son.

No comments: