Kevin and I just finished reading a book titled Mousejunkies and have come to the conclusion that the book easily applies to us. We are most definitely a Mousejunkie family. If possible we would travel to Disney 3 or 4 times a year, but if we can at least get our fix once a year we'll try to stay happy.
One might ask what it means to be a Mousejunkie. Well for one there's a unique Disney lingo you need to learn. For example if you know what the following means, you just might be a Mousejunkie yourself, "I traveled with my DH and 3 DS to WDW for MNSSHP and stayed at POR. Took the ME from MCO and had a great time at the MK. Wish we were Aper's so I could go back for MVMCP." Yep, mousejunkies talk in their own Disney language, and I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm starting to get it all down.
Anther characteristic of a Mousjunkie would be the undeniable pull you have every time you pass a Disney Store to go inside. Kevin and I go out of our way to shop there even if we don't buy a single thing. We transport into a happy zone whenever we walk into a place where cast members are there to serve us, and secretly wish we were cast members ourselves.
And of course if you're a Mousejunkie you just can't envision going on too many other trips that don't involve a Princess Castle. Even in a family with all boys, we get excited every time we walk through the Magic Kingdom gates and see the Castle looming in front of us. It brings excitement each and every time.
There's just something about the World of Disney that intrigues us no matter how many times we go. This year we managed to make it down twice, but I'm already making plans for a return tip next year. If not for the extreme heat and humidity in the summertime, I'm sure we would live closer to Orlando, but for now I'll continue dreaming about our next vacation when all of us can feel like a kid again and escape into a world of make-believe and mouse ears.
Daddy Daughter Date Night
10 years ago
1.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment