CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Caleb!

My baby turned 4 today! It doesn't seem that long ago that I went into labor with him 3 weeks early. It was a great surprise for Kevin and I especially since all my babies have been born on scheduled C-section dates. Caleb was still born by C-Section, but on HIS time-table rather than the doctors (which of course meant we had to call in the entire team of doctors and nurses at 2 a.m. Needless to say we were surrounded by quite a few blurry eyed people that night!) Caleb is a terrific little boy. Stubborn, but sweet. Energetic and full of love. Curious and independent. Happy and loved by so many.
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Your family is so lucky to have you here.
We started off his birthday celebrations on the 3rd of February after our little preschool gathering. Since I was the teacher that day we just had everyone stay a little longer to enjoy lunch, cupcakes, and games.

Aaahhh...The Cake! I'm not much of a decorator, but I can throw stuff on top of a cake like the best of them! Just keep me away from frosting bags....horrible would be the best word to describe my talent with those. Caleb was intent on having a Construction Truck Cake, and luckily this turned out to be pretty easy to make.

A little game of stick the nose on the lion...or giraffes foot depending on your preference.


Logan S., Caleb, Logan M., Kaylie, Abigail, Kara


Even with that big of a blow notice that the flame isn't even flickering? It took a few tries, but I think that must mean extra wishes!


How old are you Caleb? F-O-U-R!!


For whatever reason Caleb's biggest wish this year was to get a garbage truck. I'm not sure why, but apparently Santa forgot to bring one on Christmas morning so his big brother Kyler managed to find him one for his birthday. My son has such high aspirations!


Me and Kevin's $7 post-Christmas find. Alright, so truth be told I got this more for me than for Caleb, but I remember having one growing up and it brought back good memories. Caleb has been playing with it all morning though. He sets up all his stuffed animals around Teddy Ruxpin and has them listen to stories as if they were at the library reading time. Of course Caleb leaves the room to play with his garbage truck, but so far no animals have complained.

Caleb's excitement when he first realized his garbage truck was tucked away in that package.

This was his other highlight of the night. My parents got him this little camera and before bedtime he snapped over 100 pictures. Mommy will be checking out the delete button a little later while Caleb is napping.

2 comments:

swartzfamily said...

Tami..It looks like the party went well..
Happy Birthday to Caleb..
Love ya
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Garbage men make a lot of money and there is job security. We always have trash. Great choice Caleb. It looks like the big day was a blast.